Thursday, July 22, 2010

Birthday!!

Ok folks, I some how made it through the day without having 1 emotional breakdown, there were some moments where my eyes got watery but I stayed strong :)

My darling daughter (I love saying daughter btw) is offically 1 years old. But what I learned today is that we are NOT defined by our age, but by our Character. And I am a very blessed woman to have a daughter with an amazing personality.

I have been dreading Lucy turning 1 because it meant she is growing up. I miss that little tiny baby girl from time to time but as silly or crazy as it sounds, I have to remind myself that Lucy is the big version of the little tiny baby lol so im ok with it. seriously, i am. She is awesome and no matter how old she gets she will always be my daughter


so yes... I AM LUCYS MOMMY :)

gosh I just can't even explain the way I feel about all of this lol, about Lucy, motherhood, her birthday, its just insane!

I wanted today to be perfect, I had it all planned, sing when she wakes up, make blueberry pancakes for breakfast, chic fil a fruit cup for lunch (& some nuggets) get her picture taken (free portrait coupon at picture people) in her birthday outfit, go to target and let her pick out a toy, dinner with the family and snuggle before bed.

well, what really happened was... we sang to her when she woke up (she loved it) I made her (microwaved) blueberry pancakes, we went to Chic fil a in the mall, she ate her fruit cup and nuggets, went to get her picture taken and she FREAKED out b/c she wanted to crawl around instead of sit there (she didn't get a nap) so we just left, went to target and she picked out a toy (a fur real friend lol - random, i know) then we just went home and let her play, she did get to snuggle WITH JON! lol and I carried her up to bed.

It might not have been perfect but it was amazing!

Im sad to see it end, coming up on my last hour of her 1st birthday... a year ago I was most likely holding my precious baby girl about this time, maybe I was changing her diaper, or feeding her. She was, is and will always be my baby girl. I am so excited for a future with her.

Thank you again for your love and support. My daughter is blessed to be surrounded by so many who will accept and love her in life.


NOW LETS PARTY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment